Connecting with Your Sponsored Student
One of the most rewarding aspects of Sponsoring a Student is getting to know students personally and seeing firsthand how your generosity can positively affect your student and their family’s lives. As a sponsor, you can expect:
- To be sent an update at least once each year on your student’s Horizons at The Oakwood School experience and progress in the program
- Facilitated contact with your student through letter writing
- An invitation to visit your student’s Horizons at The Oakwood School program during the summer for a tour or as a volunteer Mystery Reader
- Additional opportunities to engage with Horizons at The Oakwood School, including invitations to exclusive events, a chance to involve your family or employer in activities, and more
- To be honored as a Sponsor a Student member in our communications to the wider Eastern North Carolina community
Once your registration and donation are processed, we will match you with an available student and send you your Sponsor a Student Starter Kit. The Starter Kit will include a photo of your sponsored student, an All About Me page, and an FAQ guide. The guide explains how to communicate with your student, when to anticipate event invitations, and how to get in touch with Horizons at The Oakwood School and your student's program director.